Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm more like Brett Favre than I care to admit



It was only six weeks ago that I penned this blog entry stating that I was going to quit fantasy sports. I spent weeks debating it, going back and forth in my mind over whether I was going to put myself through the emotional meat grinder again.

About a week ago, I decided enough was enough, and I was going to say no.

The next day I e-mailed our commissioner. And told him I was in.

So find me a Jets jersey, because I'm coming back for one more year. And honestly, I don't even know why. This promises to end well.

Anyway, a few Monday thoughts:

-So the Colts are releasing Marvin Harrison. Let's see...big name, old, ineffective, injury-prone...how long before the Raiders offer him $10 million per year?

-There are a few things in life I refuse to do. Watch anything on TLC. Wear a scarf. Type "LOL" in an e-mail. The latest addition: watching anything related to the NFL combine. I'd rather go on a date with Chris to go see Confessions of a Shopaholic than spend a second of my life worrying about the bench press results for tight ends.

-Related to that last note, are Todd McShay's parents proud of him? Sure, he's on ESPN, but did they envision their son breathlessly reporting the 40 times of defensive linemen? I say no.

-So John Tortorella's the new coach of the New York Rangers. Which means he'll be dealing with Larry Brooks on a daily basis. So does that mean every press scrum will end like this? If so, sign me up.

-I was at breakfast this morning and at a nearby booth was Joey Harrington. Sadly though, when he tried to pass the syrup, it got intercepted.

Thank you, really, you're too kind. I'll be here all week.

-Graham

No comments: