Wednesday, August 18, 2010

NFL Preview Part 3 (AFC South)


Chris
Indy wins 12 games, easy. I'm not sure if they win more, but 12 is the minimum they'll win. That's just how it goes. The only question is whether they sit their players and lose a few games at the end, or actually have to play all season. Pretty boring, and I'll be watching every freaking game thanks to my Manning/Wayne fantasy combo.

I predicted the Titans would take a step back last year while you said they'd still be good. Suck it, Graham. I like Jeff Fisher and Chris Johnson (who doesn't), but I still don't think you can win with Vince Young as your QB and that WR corps, unless Kenny Britt breaks out. I don't hate the team but don't love it. I see anywhere from 7-10 wins.

Do I really have to write something about Jacksonville? I hate that team. Without looking, I'm guessing they've won between 6-9 games the last 4 seasons. They'll do the same.

Houston has one of those teams that should be better than they are. Didn't they win about 8 games last year? This division is so boring. There is the Colts and everyone else. How's that for a preview?

Graham
Indy runs away with the division, and in other news the sun rises in the East and Two and a Half men sucks. Whatever. I refuse to jump on board the Houston bandwagon, especially after Steve Slaton committed homicide against my fantasy team last year. I hate that guy. Tennessee will be perfectly average and Jacksonville sucks. I don't even know what else to say about this division.

1: Indy (13-3)
2: Houston (8-8)
3: Tennessee (6-10)
4: Jacksonville (5-11)

Chris
Since my understanding of the NFL is directly related to fantasy football, can we discuss Houston for a minute? Who is going to be the RB this year? Slaton was a stud 2 years ago and sucked last year. They drafted Ben Tate from Auburn and also have Arian Foster or something. I know to stay away from RB by committee teams, but if I'm stuck in the 11th round and need to take a flyer on a guy, which one is it? I mean, the offense is potent so if one guy can manage 15 carries a week, he should do decent. Which guy is it? I'm leaning towards Tate, I guess.

And since I have to do records, here's mine.

1: Indy (12-4)
2: Houston (8-8)
3: Tennessee (8-8)
4: Jacksonville (7-9)

Graham
Who will Houston's RB be this year? I'll tell you who: Steve Slaton. Here's why: In the 10th round of my draft later this month, I'm going to need a running back, and he's going to be on the board. I will pass over him while cursing his name, and watch as he proceeds to rack up 1300 yards and 12 TDs. So take Steve Slaton. And listen for my sobs from 2000 miles away.

Chris
Good to know. And when I draft Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams, the player I pick will get hurt and the other one will be a stud. Fantasy football, good times!

Graham
I'm sure you read Bill Simmons' big manifesto on fantasy last week. Gotta say, I was really intrigued by the menage a trois idea. There's potential there.

Chris
Some of that was downright retarded though. I'm a huge fantasy nerd always looking to shake things up, but even I couldn't follow all the crap he was talking about. Although yes, a 3-team game would be somewhat interesting.

I did like the idea of being able to draft college players, although that would take a lot more research. I think at the end of every fantasy draft every person should be able to draft 1 college player and then cross their fingers. 9 out of 10 times it wouldn't pan out.

Graham
Yeah, when he started on backgammon or whatever the hell that was, I lost him. And no way on more than 1 college player. I'd rather try to perform a vasectomy on myself than follow college football.

Chris
Ahh, your hatred of college football. I don't "follow" it so much as I watch the Memphis Tigers cause I hate winning and I watch the SEC game of the week cause I don't have kids and just love football in general. I also like drinking and yelling at the TV.

Graham
If you love football so much, here is a schedule of CFL games on the NFL Network. Enjoy: http://cfl.ca/page/u-s-broadcast-webcast

Chris
CFL is to Football as veggie burger is to burger, or as non-alcoholic beer is to beer.

Graham
Or the missionary position is to sex.

Chris
The line should've been "or sex with you is to sex"

Graham
Oh yeah? Well I slept with your wife!

Chris
My wife is in a coma.

No comments: