Sunday, April 19, 2009

“I’m Gary Busey so who knows what the %#@% I’m talking about”

There are things I’ve done in my life that I’m not proud of. I once took a shot of beer and mayonnaise. I cheered for the Lakers in the NBA Finals last year. Out of frustration, I’ve thrown a basketball at an opponent’s groin (from point blank range). Nothing good came out of these moments.

Around midnight on Friday night, out of boredom, I tuned into the Larry the Cable Guy Roast on Comedy Central. I don’t know what made me do it, and I assumed it would be another shameful moment of my life in which immediate regret would fall over me. However, this gem occurred halfway through that made me realize that not all bad decisions have bad consequences. (The three-minute mark kills me).



First off, instead of thinking Gary Busey is a lunatic, I now think he might be the smartest guy on the planet. What are the chances of that happening? It would be like playing against Bill Belichick in Madden and not having him look at your plays, or having someone tell you that Michael Jackson is the best babysitter around.

Second, I’ve come to the conclusion that roasts, no matter the subject, are awesome. Why does this have to be for celebrities only? I want to get about 10 friends together and roast one of them. How would this not be awesome? Even better, you know that one person would take the stuff personally and sulk. Can we make this happen?


Chris

No comments: