Tuesday, June 9, 2009

This is why the Internet exists



It was two summers ago that ABC put a show called Traveler on the air.

My life would never be the same.

OK, that's an exaggeration. But dammit, I loved that show. For eight weeks that summer I tuned in faithfully. I counted the days and hours to the next episode. I was riveted.

And I was the only one.

The show, despite being ass-kickingly awesome, got horrible ratings, and ABC couldn't pull the plug fast enough. Almost as quickly as it came, it was gone. It was horribly unjust.

Here's why the show was awesome: three college roommates, best friends, decide after their senior year to take a cross-country road trip before having to get on with their real lives. The start in New York and decide to play a favorite prank: two of them will put on rollerblades and race through the crowded public museum. The third guy was to videotape it.

So the two guys race through the museum and get outside. They're looking for their buddy, who doesn't show. Where is he? What's going on? One guy's cell rings - it's the missing friend.

"Did you get out?" he asks.
"Yeah, why? Where are you?"
"I'm sorry I had to do this," he says.

Then...the museum explodes! OMFG! And the security cameras have the two guys fleeing the scene! The world thinks they're terrorists! Their buddy possibly set them up! He may (or may not) have died in the explosion! The FBI is after them! They have to run! Why were they framed? Who would do this to them? Check out this heart-pounding trailer!



I know, right? Epic!

Sadly, the show disappeared after eight episodes, and for two years I've been mourning it. I wish I was kidding.

Finally, I came across this page on YouTube, where someone has uploaded all eight episodes. This hero is doing the Lord's work. So if you need something to watch this summer, I highly recommend it.

Be warned though: you're going to get hooked. And when you've finished the eight episodes, you'll be heartbroken there were no more.

-Graham

No comments: