Sunday, June 14, 2009

Just another email Friday

Every once in awhile there’s a perfect storm during the work week when neither Graham nor I is particularly busy and email exchanges reach a fever pitch. This occurred on Friday, with 29 emails being sent over the course of the day. Here’s the highlights.

Chris
I dare you to find a bigger loser than this guy. Get out the family album if you have to.



Graham
His reply was removed to save my reputation in this city.

What's your problem with Chuck? Have you ever watched it? It's funny, has good action sequences, and doesn't take itself too seriously. As for Earl, I'm glad it's gone. I've watched every episode, and the last couple of seasons have been brutal. So bad, I was taking it off my DVR season pass if it came back. It was unwatchable. NBC did them a favor by not allowing them to embarrass themselves anymore.

Chris
I like that out of all the references on the blog, you took exception to Chuck. I made fun of your nation, your national sport, your football hero, even referenced your offspring and you take exception with me talking about a TV Show. Well done Graham, well done.

As for Chuck, I haven't watched an episode. It just looks utterly stupid. I mean, a comedy-action show? How often does this work? And doesn't the plot revolve around some geeky loser named Chuck (who just happens to be the most attractive "geek" you'd ever find) somehow gets tangled up with a super-sexy-spy lady and this show continues to keep happening? They wouldn't figure out a way to get Chuck back to his normal life? It's like you're drunk at a bar and accidentally walk into the women's bathroom and instead of correcting the mistake, they just tell you that you're a woman for the rest of your life. Really, this a TV show?

As for Earl, I don't know what crap you are smoking, I thought it was just as good recently as before. You are the only one, oh, and NBC I suppose, that I've heard talk bad about it. Randy and Earl Hickey do not embarrass themselves. Oh snap!

Graham
Make fun of my family, country, sports, that's all fine. But you do not make fun of Chuck.

(Spoiler alert)

As a matter of fact, they did find a way to get Chuck back to his normal life at the end of Season 2, but then he had to have another intersect inputted into his brain to prevent the bad guys from getting a hold of it...

You know what, it sounds stupid on paper. But you're on Netflix, rent season 1 and give it a try. It's a good show. The important this is they don't take it too seriously. If they did, it wouldn't work.

And as soon as Earl went to prison, that show was done.

Chris
You are trying to convince me to watch a show based on the following information, "but then he had to have another intersect inputted into his brain to prevent the bad guys from getting a hold of it."

It doesn't sound dumb on paper. It is dumb. Look, I got enough dumb in my life already. We know this. I don't need to add Chuck to the list. I'd prefer Chuck take themselves extra serious. I love action shows that don't realize they are comedies. I don't like comedies that try to add action. Does that make sense?

I don't have time to add Chuck. I have to watch Mad Men Season 2 and start Weeds. I have priorities. What does it say about me that I plan summer TV shows months ahead of time? I also planned my wedding/honeymoon in July because it's a dead sports month. I have problems. Maybe I need an intersect put in my brain.

As for Earl, did you see the episode where Randy starts doing steoroids, or whale semen, or whatever. Classic.

Graham
At least we agree on Mad Men, even if you're late to the party. Here's a show you need to get on to: Dexter. It's outstanding.

Chris
I've been doing Dexter for a while buddy (Started at the end of season 1). As for Mad Men, I'd be caught up except the DVD for Season 2 is about 12 months behind. What the hell, seriously.

Here's a good discussion: Rank your top 5 favorite Seinfeld moments.

I know that when George complains to Elaine about not getting a Christmas card and Elaine rubs George's head in her chest is on my list. The Jerk Store line is on there as well. I need 3 more. Got a few to add?

Graham
Jerk store

George's story about pulling the golf ball out of the whale's blow hole

The contest - "I'm out"

Kramer's story about driving the bus while fighting off a mugger

Jerry's line to George while he's trying to figure out how to incorporate food and tv into his sex life: "George, we're trying to have a society here."

Chris
Yeah, George and the whale blow hole is on mine too.
I'm out, as well.

Lastly, can I just pick the entire shrinkage episode? I love when Kramer, Elaine and Jerry see George's GF topless and Kramer talks about how maybe she is trying to generate good buzz. And then, I love Jerry's quote, "like a frightened turtle!"

Graham
And of course the summer of George.

"I'm going to read a book. The whole thing!"
"I've always wanted to do that."

Chris
When Jerry sits on the bench and envisions his life with the girlfriend or the life with him using the "Hellooooo" voice.

Graham
This could go on forever. Instead, I'm just going to call you an idiot for posting your blog entry twice.

Chris
Blogspot gave me an error message, so I reposted.

Graham
Forgot to ask- you psyched for Game 7 of the Stanley Cup tonight? Even you must be able to appreciate the finals going to 7 games. Not like it's happening in the NBA this year.

Chris
I might flip it on if I'm around. I have yard sale prep tonight. It's going to be a thriller!

My fiancee asked me one of the scariest questions a fiancee can say to her soon to be husband. We were watching the finals and she said, "Where is the closest WNBA team?" I stammered and said there weren't any around here. She seemed satisfied, although she said, "It would be fun to go sometime if they were closer." If there is a God, I never end up near a WNBA game in the next 50 years. Margie could make me go. Dear God, I'm getting cold feet.

Graham
So she wants to go to a WNBA game? That's almost grounds for calling off the wedding.

Chris
I also found out I can't play poker professionally, as I froze up at the question and stammered through, "uh..uh...there aren't any teams around here...they are in uh...uh...Los Angeles and Houston I think...uh...uh..."

Graham
So, from the "I don't feel sorry for these people" department, people who are didn't prepare for the digital tv switch. Go to this link and read the story.

You had a year. The commercials were non-stop. Did you think all the networks would just forget?

Chris
2 things I love about this.

1. The picture of the guy answering the calls. It looks like this is his first job in several years and that his Mom made him stop growing weed in the basement and finally earn an income.

2. People that didn't switch over are "technophones." Do we just make up words constantly? I'm a bankruptaphobe, an age-o-phobe, and fatgutophobe.

Graham
I liked "Fuzzywart"'s comment:

"MY FAMILY EVEN THE KIDS HAVE DECIDED TO TOSS OUR TV'S WE CAN FIND OTHER THINGS TO DOTHEN WATCH TV AND RADIO IS JUST FINE.
WE USED TO HAVE CABLE BUT GAVE IT UP LONG AGO DUE TO ALL THE COMERCIALS. 5 MIN OF A SHOW AND 10 OF COMERCIALS REALLY WAS GETTING BAD! WHY PAY FOR 80 PERCENT OF ADDS ON CABLE.
SORRY TV U LOOSE WE WIN."

Well said, sir.

What else were these people not prepared for? The election?

Chris
Look man, these are old people, alright, they can't even crap in a toilet anymore. They turn on f-ing Matlock and that's about it. They think HD is a disease.

And just as quickly as the email exchange came with a reckless abandon, it ended, full of sound and fury, signifying the end of nothing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hilarious! you guys should have an HBO show (late night)!